Wednesday, June 15, 2005

to be better than bourgeois...

is to be human. bourgeois is less than human. it is giving up your sovereignty and liberty for a lifestyle that's been sold to you. Of course it makes you miserable, that's why the bourgeois drink beer, watch tv, take prosac, and do anything else that will take thier minds off of thier lives. Why spend precious time thinking about a job that has no meaning when you can just watch a game on television, drink a beer, take a prosac, and ignor your marital problems. Well, I say fuck tv, fuck sports, fuck marriage, fuck suburbia, fuck bourgeois. Better to be a failure at something you're passionate about than to be a complete success at being a miserable bore.

of course, fear makes people bourgeois, and I'm affraid. am i headed for the suburbs? sure looks that way. maybe i'm just a bourgeois hipacrit, another bourgeois cliche. then again, maybe it's not being bourgeois that makes people miserable. I'm miserable, and I'm not bourgeios. I'm miserable because I see what bourgeois really is...an empty lifestyle. A commercial. A plastic piece of crap that gets dirty, making you want a new one, but it's a lifestyle, and you can't buy a new one. The fact that I see this so clearly makes me different.

I'm post-bourgeois. I'm better than bourgeois.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home